Coming soon: Hoopla, for all of us library folks.
I am still trying to unlock the secret of getting the ebook on Amazon and Ingram Spark. Amazon is the site for Kindle where I buy and read most ebooks (just snagged two free ebooks on Bookshop during its promo the day before Amazon started the fall sales blitz). I filled out the form for Amazon a few weeks ago but nothing so far. I uploaded to Ingram, the company that prints my book, but keep getting error messages. Anybody had any problems at these places?
I used Draft2Digital to format my ebook for other platforms. Worked like a charm. Recommended. Thanks to my critique group pal Liz for sending me to D2D. Meet her and other Cheyenne, WY, area writers at the Laramie County Public Library book bash Saturday, Oct. 10, 2-4 p.m.
Ebooks are important because some 75 percent of all books are bought this way. Before cataract surgery, I read ebooks so I could enlarge the type in dark mode on my K-Reader, or I snagged large print books at the library. Post-surgery, I have laser vision and can read War & Peace at 50 paces. I won't -- read it in grad school.
The royalties for authors tend to be better for ebooks. Electrons cheaper than paper and ink and mailing.
Keep reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment