Friday, October 17, 2008

Wyo. Tribune-Eagle endorses some Dems

Cheyenne's daily newspaper, the Wyoming Tribune-Eagle, has endorsed Gary Trauner for the state's lone U.S. House seat and Lori Millin for Wyoming House District 8. The paper endorsed a few other Democrats -- Mary Throne and Jim Byrd for the legislature -- but chose Republicans Mike Enzi and John Barrasso for the U.S. Senate. Democrat Chris Rothfuss of Laramie is a good man, but is a long shot to beat Enzi, who's liked by diehard Dems like me. But Barrasso? The physician who votes against children's health care? Nick Carter is the better man for the job.

Millin was not effusive in acknowledging the WTE endorsement. But who can blame her? Earlier this year, the paper couldn't quite understand that Lori is a Democrat, labeling her the Republican incumbent running for the Wyoming District 8 seat. How tough is that to find out? How many legislative guides are lying around the WTE offices?

Here's Lori's response to the endorsement from an e-mail sent to supporters:

I found out yesterday that I received the endorsement of the Wyoming Tribune-Eagle. I am not quite sure how to take this, but it is always nice to hear that someone thinks you should win your race. Two years ago, my opponent got the endorsement and I won so it certainly doesn't guarantee victory. I did serve on the newspaper's editorial board for four months. I have some serious concerns and reservations about their endorsement process, but I do know they are trying to do the right thing for the community. I can't wait to read what they have to say about my race when they discuss it in detail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its really intresting ,,thing
thanks for sharing with us ,,
thanks ,,

_

__________________
victor
Free HD DVR Receiver Upgrade