Wednesday, February 26, 2020

March of the Red Caps

A young man in a red cap opens the heavy convention center doors for me, an old guy propelled by two legs and four wheels. I thank the man in the red cap, so polite he is. He nods. I see the writing on his cap: Keep America Great. I shake my head and power through. Keep America Great? Initials KAG, cousin to MAGA. Red Cap is a fool to think that Trump made America great and will continue the greatness. I am a fool to think that Trump can't be reelected to KAG for four more years or maybe more. Once inside, Red Cap struts down the carpeted hallway and is joined by other Red Caps who march to the local GOP Trumpfest. I head to an evening to celebrate the arts in the reddest of red states. The arts can save us, so says this man who moves with difficulty. He believes that a Brahms concerto or a Joy Harjo poem can save us from the Red Caps of the world.

No comments: