Monday, August 17, 2009

Who's been giving Wyo. Repubs a bum steer?

Wyomingites in Worland listen to Sen. John Barrasso explain why a physician is against affordable health care for all. Or maybe he's talking about fishing. Notice that there are no shouting wingnuts with indecipherable signs. It's good to be a Repub in Wyoming!

O.K., which one of you Dems is responsible for misleading Wyoming Republicans?

This press release appeared on both Sen. Mike Enzi's and Sen. John Barrasso's web sites. I'm puzzled buy it, but maybe one of my loyal readers can clear up "The Mystery of the Misleading Missives?" This release is from Sen. Barrasso's site:

U.S. Senators Mike Enzi and John Barrasso, both R-Wyo., are urging constituents who want to meet with them or their staff to contact their offices directly and to read the fine print if anyone else is promising meetings with them.

A recent campaign by the Democratic National Committee has caused confusion for constituents who were under the impression a Web site could schedule meetings with Senator Enzi or Senator Barrasso. Drop-bys are always welcome during staff hours but meetings must be scheduled in advance directly through the senator’s offices, not through the Democratic National Committee or the Republican National Committee Web sites, according to the senators.

“I have five offices around Wyoming and one office in Washington to ensure myself and my staff are available to my constituents. I encourage people to contact me with their concerns and ideas and I don’t want anyone’s message to be lost because they were misled by a political Web site,” said Enzi.

“The Democratic National Committee is misleading people concerned about health care. People want to be involved in the health care debate. They have questions and they want their voice to be heard. It is unacceptable for a political group to send out fraudulent or misleading emails,” Barrasso said. “Giving people fake meetings is not how we treat people in Wyoming. There are a number of ways to get in touch with me – I’m holding meetings all across the state. On Friday, I had a town hall meeting in Worland. You can stop by or call any of my offices in Casper, Cheyenne, Riverton, Rock Springs or Sheridan. You can also go to my Web site, Barrasso.Senate.Gov, to e-mail me, or call toll free 1-866-235-9553.”

No comments: