| My story collection, first published in 2006 by Ghost Road Press. GRP gave up the ghost a few years later. The collection was republished by Hummingbird Minds Press in 2021. |
My first book of short stories is now available free on Kindle Unlimited. You can also buy the ebook for $3.99 or the paperback for $14.99.
I just formatted my novel "Zeppelins Over Denver" on Kindle Create. It will be an ebook shortly. Amazon AI Gremlins will alert me when it's ready. I prefer you buy the paperback, read it, and spread the news. I do admit that much of my reading lately has been on my Kindle Reader and on my Pixel. I did this when my vision was compromised by cataracts (the devils) and I needed high contrast and large type. A kindly eye doctor, assisted by fantastic nurses and my ISBA (Incredible Shrinking Bank Account; gas, alas, at $4.49!), removed the lenses which had been with me since my youth and replaced them with new ones. I now can see without specs most of the time except when I have to read the small print on meat packages from the grocers' shelves who must think that all of these gray-haired people wandering around the burgers and brats have had cataract surgery and can discern an "n" or a "k" at six inches.
Read my stories. They can transport you to the Wyoming, post-World-War-Two Colorado, and even 2003 in a place I call Tomoka County, Florida, but most locals know by another name. The story is "Safe at Any Speed" and it begins this way:
Bob Rogers stumbled upon the vehicle of his dreams at the 2003 Tomoka County Leisure and Travel Fair in January. First he had to navigate displays of behemoth recreation vehicles, gleaming travel trailers, and a sea of customized vans. He dodged wave after wave of beaming salespeople touting their vehicles’ extras, such as built-in dialysis units (“Travel and Transfuse in Comfort!”) and satellite TV systems (“Never Again Stop for Directions!”). The prices stunned him. After less than an hour of touring vehicles bigger and pricier than his first house, he headed for the exit. That's when he happened upon the display for Mick Blake's PETD Extravaganza.
No comments:
Post a Comment