Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Studio Wyoming Review makes first appearance on WyoFile

Studio Wyoming Review debuted this week on WyoFile, Wyoming's online news source that covers  "people, places and policy." And now, the arts.

Camellia El-Antably wrote the first SWR "guest column" last week about Touchstone Laramie. This every-other-year exhibit, now in its sixth iteration, is unique in that it features many of Laramie's artists during a weekend-long event (Nov. 11-13) at a local motel. It may be Wyoming's first pop-up gallery and it does pop-up in a big way, by clearing an entire floor of furnishings and replaces them with art and artists. I won't tell you any more. Best to go read Camellia's column.

Camellia and I worked together for many years at the Wyoming Arts Council. There's a new crew at the WAC and they have come up with some innovative programs the past year, including the Wyoming Independent Music Initiative and Health and Wellness in the Arts. If you have any involvement with programs with health and wellness components, go fill out the WAC survey. You will feel better for it. I did. You might say that every arts program supports health and wellness, especially mental health. I agree, but I was an arts worker for 25 years and had the privilege of seeing that in action. And promoting it. Now I'm retired and get to enhance my mental health by writing every day. I may show up on the e-pages of Studio Wyoming Review. You never know...

No comments: