Tuesday, January 10, 2012

UW grad Bob Vernon-Kubichek named new Wyoming director for Obama for America

Candidate Barack Obama talks to SRO crowd at UW on March 7, 2008.
This news comes from Chuck Herz, chairman of the Wyoming Democratic Party:
My name is Bob Vernon-Kubichek and I am the new Wyoming Director of Obama for America. 
I would like to briefly introduce myself and provide a brief overview of the work OFA will be doing in 2012. 
I grew up in Casper, and graduated from Natrona County High School in 2006. During the summer of 2006 I worked on the Gary Trauner for US House campaign, and fell in love with the political business. I spent the following two years working on campaigns in Utah while attending the University of Utah.
In 2010 I graduated from the University of Wyoming with a B.A. in political science, after which I began working towards my M.A. in political science as a Graduate Assistant at UW. While I absolutely loved my time at UW, near the end of the fall semester I was presented the opportunity to become the new OFA State Director in Wyoming. I was compelled to accept this opportunity because I felt this fight was too important to simply sit on the sidelines and watch. 
In the coming months I will be meeting with citizens across Wyoming to begin building teams of volunteers to work towards the reelection of President Obama. The primary objective of our work in Wyoming will be support the campaign by making calls to supporters, canvassing neighborhoods, and ensuring that Americans across the county get out and vote for the President next November. 
This campaign is critical to the future of our country, and I cannot understate what is at stake. Failure would mean the reversal of the progress we have made over the last four years, and giving the country over to Republicans who have no interest in defending the middle class, expanding access to health care, or supporting a public education that is the engine of our future. 
I ask you to join me in this fight for the future of our people. There are people counting on us, and we cannot let them down. 
If you are interested in taking an active role in our efforts, I would ask you to either contact me directly at RVernonKubichek@BarackObama.com, or go to the Barack Obama home page and sign up to join. Upon signing up online we will receive your information and will contact you shortly. Soon there will be a calendar up with a list of upcoming events in your area along with how to get involved in the movement. 

Thank you so much for your time, and I look forward to serving you in the year ahead.

No comments: