Monday, November 10, 2008

Trauner's post-election interview on Wyofile.com

While I was wondering about Gary Trauner’s disappearance after the Nov. 4 election, Wyofile’s Charles Pelkey and Reese Jenniges were actually talking to the Democratic Party’s candidate for the state’s lone U.S. House seat. Gary was as gracious in defeat as he was during the campaign. He kept his cool even when faced with TV and radio ads from the Republican Slime Machine.

The victor in the race, Cheyenne’s Cynthia Lummis, said in a post-election interview that she has some trepidations going to a "Democrat city" (Washington, D.C.) She is thankful that she will have the guiding hand of outgoing Veep Dick Cheney. Sure, but first she has to find him. And the proper terminology is "Democratic city," as in the political party that now is in charge and because you need an adjective to define a noun. As in "Obama’s overwhelming victory" or "the Democratic Party’s huge majorities in the House and Senate." Like that. I’d be happy to send Ms. Lummis a copy of Strunk & White’s "The Elements of Style." There’s even an illustrated version.

What follows are a few Gary Trauner quotes from the 11/6 Wyofile interview. Read the entire article at http://www.wyofile.com/democrat_trauner_defeated.htm

Trauner said that he did "pretty much everything I could do in this race."

"Sometimes, there are just obstacles you can't overcome," he said. "Being a Democrat in Wyoming in this race might have been one of those. We did everything and I think we did incredibly well. I don't have any regrets. I don't have any second thoughts."

Trauner said on Thursday that he hopes that Lummis' tenure in Washington will ultimately result in a benefit for the people of Wyoming."

A lot of people told me that they would support me, but they didn't want to send that support to Nancy Pelosi," he said. "That probably cost me quite a few votes. Of course, now we have a member of Congress who not only lacks seniority, but is in the minority there."

"I hope she exceeds my expectations," he added.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, let me see - so my guess is you and Gary have the "correct" vision to see through the "crap" that the rest of us are uanble to do - that's gracious?? No its elitist and that's just who he is - maybe you can see that now.....

Michael Shay said...

Elitist. That's the term Repubs use to describe people with brains.