Thursday, June 26, 2008

SuperDay brings out the candidates

My wife, daughter, and I will be staffing the Gary Trauner booth Saturday at the 26th annual SuperDay in Cheyenne's Lions Park. Not sure where the booth will be located, but just keep wandering and you'll find us. I expect that all of Gary Trauner's Republican opponents also will have booths. The odds seem to favor Cynthia Lummis as Gary's Repub challenger for Wyoming's lone U.S. House seat.

My guess is that there may be more political booths than those selling wind chimes. We have six mayoral candidates as well as a slew of people running for the state legislature. Both U.S. Senate seats are up for grabs, so the challengers (all Dems) may be on hand. The primary will be held Aug. 19. By my count, that makes for 52 days of campaigning. It goes fast....

No comments: