Thursday, March 06, 2008

This day in history: Who would Jesus bomb?

Who said this, and when:

“My faith sustains me because I pray daily. I pray for guidance and wisdom and strength…. But it's a humbling experience to think that people I will never have met have lifted me and my family up in prayer. And for that I'm grateful.”

Give up? Five years ago tonight, on March 6, 2003, Our Fearmongering Leader conducted a televised press conference, saying in his introduction, “We will not wait to see what terrorists or terrorist states could do with weapons of mass destruction.” One weak-kneed but spiritually uplifted reporter asked President Bush to comment on his religious strength. The quote above was his answer.

Two weeks later, his faith sustained him as he gave the order to bomb Iraq back to the Stone Age.

Source: Editor & Publisher web site

No comments: