Tuesday, February 07, 2012

The Vagina Monologues & The Wyoming Monologues Feb. 24-25 in Laramie

From my prog-blogging pal Meg Lanker-Simons in Laramie:
The Vagina Monologues is returning to the University of Wyoming on Feb. 24-25 at 7 p.m. at the Education Auditorium on campus. This is marvelous, but there’s something even more fantastic: It will also feature the premiere of The Wyoming Monologues on February 25 at 9 p.m. 
I’m sharing this for two reasons: It’s awesome, and I HAVE A FEATURED MONOLOGUE! It was one of ten chosen. My monologue, “Going Hungry,” is fifth on the list. 
I’m wicked excited and would like to invite my followers to attend. It’s at the University of Wyoming Education Auditorium. You can view a campus map here or a Google map here. The other monologues are incredible. Several deal with GLBTQ issues and body image. I encourage those who can to attend. If you have a question or are attending, email me at meglanker@gmail.com. I’ll post my monologue after the production. 
Please, if you can, come attend The Vagina Monologues at 7 p.m. and The Wyoming Monologues Feb. 25 at 9 p.m. It’s going to be spectacular. If you can’t, please share. The proceeds from this event will benefit 93.5 KOCA FM in Laramie (a bilingual, community station -- and the one that houses my radio show) and Albany County SAFE Project. 
Break a leg, Meg!

Just to be clear -- "The Wyoming Monologues" will be performed only once, on Saturday, Feb. 25, after "The Vagina Monologues" performance.

No comments: