Monday, February 13, 2012

Obama for America hosts training session Feb. 22 at Laramie County Library in Cheyenne


Invitation from Bob Vernon-Kubichek, Wyoming State Director of Obama for America:
I wanted to cue you all in about a training event we will be holding Wednesday, February 22. It will start at 6:15 p.m. at the Laramie County Library in the Cottonwood room. The event is going to be an introductory training on building a strong neighborhood team in Cheyenne, and how to use some of the new campaign tools to support your work reaching out to new supporters. We had a very successful house meeting last Wednesday that Lori Brand was kind enough to host. It was a fantastic event and everyone who attended brought some serious passion and enthusiasm to the meeting.

If you are interested in helping get out of word for this event by making some phone calls, let me know and I will set you up an account and get you into the system. Its pretty straightforward and I will be happy to walk anyone through the process who needs help.

Thank you so much for everything each of you has done to help build a stronger progressive movement in Wyoming. It’s a slow uphill fight, and I know how discouraging it can be some days. But there are people counting on us to protect their pensions, support their access to healthcare that isn’t limited to the rich, and continue to rebuild the economy.  This election is going to be close. I do not enjoy that reality, but it is the simple truth. We cannot afford to sit on the sidelines as the Republicans mount their assault on the poor, the weak and the marginalized in this county.

So I ask you to join me in this fight against what I believe is worse than a fundamentally flawed ideology. It is a set of ideas that represents the very worst of human nature. This election, let us send a clear message to all Republicans that the American people will not accept their “values”.

We are on the right side of history.

Thanks everyone, and I hope to see you at our event.

Here is the event link, RSVP if you are interested in joining: https://my.barackobama.com/page/event/detail/training/gppwc5

No comments: