Thursday, June 02, 2011

Wyoming writers and poets meet-up this weekend in Casper


Leaving tomorrow for the annual conference of Wyoming Writers, Inc., in Casper. Doesn't seem as if it's been a year since last year's gathering in Cody. It's a great opportunity to learn about new trends in writing and publishing. Also just a good time to visit with old friends and meet new ones.

One of the best events are open mic readings on Friday and Saturday nights. Attendees get to hear some great writing in five-minute segments. Lit bytes. It's fast-paced and fun. I am the keeper of the timer and take my job seriously. For the first time, my WAC colleague and I, Linda Coatney, will be filming the open mics. So come on our to the Ramada Riverside and join the fun. Rumor has it that the conference may be available by boat. Snow melt is getting serious along the North Platte that flows adjacent to the hotel. I ain't worried. I'm packing my water wings.
Here are all the links you need for information about the June 3-5 WWInc conference in Casper:
2011 Wyoming Writers, Inc. Conference
June 3-5 in Casper, Wyoming

Presenters:
Peter McCarthyV.P. of Marketing, Random House.
Editor Katie Dublinski, Graywolf Press
Agent Peter Steinberg, The Steinberg Agency

Go to the WWInc web site for conference brochure

No comments: