Saturday, November 26, 2011

Shop locally at Dec. 3 Cheyenne Winter Market

The next Cheyenne Winter Farmers' Market is on Saturday, Dec. 3, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Vendor businesses are locally owned and operated -- "local" meaning within 150 miles of Cheyenne. Last year at the December market, I bought a handmade scarf and hat set for my wife by an artrepreneur in Chugwater (she raises her own llamas). I bought several ornaments from a Cheyenne glass artist. And baked goods galore. Some fine tamales. How did I pay for this? With the fruits of my hard-working Liberal nature, of course. And my handy credit union credit card. I moved my money long ago. You should too.

Local Harvest describes it this way:
This is a fun indoor market with great energy and super vendors. Fair-Trade Coffee, Goat Cheese, Handmade Chocolates, Cinnamon rolls, chowders, locally raised Mushrooms, Gourmet Pastas, Black Forest Ham, beef, bison, lamb, chicken, turkey, chicken eggs, take out Bar-B-Que, artisan breads, cookies, cakes, and much more. This market is 85% food vendors with the balance of crafts or body care products.
FMI: http://www.localharvest.org/cheyenne-winter-farmers-market-M40878

No comments: