Sunday, June 26, 2011

Talking about Netroots Nation Monday night at Laramie County Democrats meeting in Cheyenne

Van Jones
If I can get my laptop (and myself) to function properly, I will be showing a few clips from happenings at the recent Netroots Nation conference during the monthly meeting of the Laramie County Democrats at the IBEW Union Hall, 810 Fremont St., Cheyenne, on Monday, June 27, 7:30 p.m.

Although I have an entire composition book filled with notes, I thought that a few vids might be a lot more fun than a reading a batch of my scribbles from the event. I am especially fond of Jill Sobule's new song about the Tea Party that she debuted at the conference. There's a rousing speech by Van Jones and a wry, deadpan address by Sen. Al Franken of Minnesota, Minneapolis hometown boy. And if we get bored, we can always look at footage of Wingnut Andrew Breitbart trying to crash NN11 because The Right Online conference across the street was so bloody boring.

So come on out. All are welcome. It's free, although LarCoDems' treasurer Gary Roadifer may badger you for spare change. Sometimes we have cookies. Get more info at www.laramiecountydemocrats.org

No comments: