Thursday, January 28, 2010

Come on down to Meg's Cognitive Dissonance to comment on banner issue

From Meg Lanker of Laramie:

My name is Meg Lanker and I've met some of you before. I am currently hosting a radio show called Cognitive Dissonance from 10 p.m. to midnight every Friday night on 93.5 KOCA FM in Laramie. This Friday, Jan. 29, I am opening my show to public comment on the Platte County School District #1 tearing down the "No Hate" banners from the Anti-Defamation League due to the banners containing the Gay and Lesbian Fund of Colorado as a sponsor.

School board members have commented that Wheatland is not ready for a pro-gay agenda and is "ultraconservative." I believe this is a slap in the face to anyone who cares about tolerance and diversity in schools.

So, how do you comment? Well, you show up to the studio, I turn on the mic, and you say what you want to say. I will be recording the show and each school board member will get a CD copy next week.

Here's the who and when and all that jazz: (pasted from the event on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=274390997172&ref=mf).

If you're on Facebook, please visit the event to RSVP.

Start Time: Friday, January 29, 2010 at 10:00 p.m.
End Time: Saturday, January 30, 2010 at 12:30am
Location: KOCA Studios
Street: 365 W. Grand
City/Town: West Laramie, WY

No comments: