Tuesday, August 26, 2008

This is dedicated to the one I love

To my wife, Chris:

I am in a stadium full of people cheering for your candidate, Hillary Clinton. To judge by the thousands of waving red, white and blue signs, there must be more Hill delegates than those for Barack. I wish you could be here, as I know you would be cheering the loudest. And you can cheer loudly, if the hundreds of baseball, football and basketball games we've seen together is any indication (I'm still having trouble hearing out of that left ear).

Hillary is gracious in defeat and supportive of Sen. Obama. I know it's taken awhile to deal with your disappointment. You're the feminist in the family and you've taught me a lot about being one, too. You're a member of Hillary's Sisterhood of the Traveling Pantsuits, although I haven't seen you in too many pantsuits (you're more a bluejeans kind of feminist).

You're here in spirit. No doubt you have a few tears watching Hillary deliver her speech.

We'll vote together in November for a Democrat that can lead us out of the morass that the Republicans got us into. We've always pulled in the same direction -- peace and justice for all -- and I hope that all Democrats can do the same.

No comments: